nature background

Sunday, May 6, 2012

soccer, monkey business, and pool time

After Easter, I took a little break from blogging.  Work has been pretty busy, and things around our house have been even busier.  When I look back, we really haven't done much...but I feel like we've been busy none the less!  We have been spending every minute we can outside.  This glorious weather is just too good to be inside!  Here is Xander one morning on a walk on Wolf River.
Nora got her first library card this month. That was a very exciting accomplishment. She couldn't wait to check out some books about...(you guessed it)..HORSES! This poor child really, really wants to put a horse in our garage. 
Andrew and I have also been spending tons of time in the yard.  This year, we have really enjoyed cleaning out flower beds, putting out flowers, and moving our outside furniture around.  My mom has helped me out tremendously.  I will definitely put pictures of the yard on here soon.  Andrew has been working on the big picnic table outside.  I wish I had a before picture, but here is the fantastic after picture.  Now you can sit on it without getting splinters!
 
 
Let's see, Nora has been busy with soccer games and practices.  She has had so much fun this season playing soccer.  She even wants to practice with Andrew in the backyard.  Xander really loves it when we get out and kick the soccer ball around.  He can't wait until it's his turn to play. 
another Friday night at the soccer field 
Great last game of the season!
The Senior Kindergarten classes at Woodland put on a great play this year.  It was called the Wackadoo Zoo.  All the animals at this special zoo make the wrong noises...the lions don't roar, they say "Cockadoodledoo!"  The pigs say "Meow!" And Nora was a little monkey that brayed like a donkey. She loved it! My mom made her little monkey costume, and it was adorable!
Nora and Gigi
So, May has kicked off birthday month at our house.  Time to partay!  The kids and I took Andrew out for some yummy Mexican food on his birthday, and then we came home and had Muddys! Also, Camille made some delicious thin mint cake pops.  Needless to say, we all were stuffed that night.
And then we had the family over for a little Mexican fiesta in Andrew's honor.  It was the first time since Andrew and I met that we were able to have that many family members together to celebrate his birthday...so, it was a pretty big deal.  And, let's face it.  He's awesome and deserved a celebration.
little guy is ready for some pool time
singing happy birthday 
look out, Nora! 
the Bryant girls
Andrew's mom and her 4 grandkiddos
Andrew and his dad chatting





No comments:

Post a Comment